Football, seen through the middle.
Monday 17 August 2026
News

Galatasaray prepare €50m package to tempt Bruno Fernandes as Manchester United hold firm

Galatasaray are said to be ready to double Bruno Fernandes’ wages and line up a €50m offer including add-ons, but Manchester United maintain he is not for sale and a previously reported €65m clause has expired.

Galatasaray prepare €50m package to tempt Bruno Fernandes as Manchester United hold firm
Photo: Ardfern · CC BY-SA 4.0 · Wikimedia Commons

Galatasaray are weighing a move for Bruno Fernandes that would see the Turkish champions attempt to more than match his importance at Manchester United with a significant financial package. The Istanbul club are said to be ready to double the player’s wages and assemble an offer worth around €50 million including add-ons.

James Ducker says United’s stance is firm, with the Old Trafford side described as adamant that Fernandes is not available despite the expected approach.

The same reporting indicates a €65 million release clause that applied earlier in the summer has now lapsed, removing a straightforward mechanism for any suitor to trigger a sale. Without that clause in place, any departure would require United’s agreement, which, on the current line, appears unlikely.

There is no suggestion at this stage that a formal bid has been lodged, only that Galatasaray are preparing their move and are willing to propose a substantial salary uplift to try to persuade the Portugal international to consider a switch. How that intent translates into negotiations remains to be seen given United’s position.

The figures outlined would constitute a sizeable outlay and underline the scale of Galatasaray’s ambition. Whether such a package would shift United’s resolve is uncertain, particularly with the reported expiry of the earlier clause narrowing the options for a buying club.

What it means for United

With United maintaining that Fernandes is not for sale, any attempt to prise him away would likely hinge on a change of stance at Old Trafford or a bid of a level that forces a rethink. The report does not indicate either is imminent. For now, this remains a potential move in the works rather than an active negotiation.

As things stand, the situation amounts to a high-profile show of intent from the Turkish champions and a clear message from United. Until an offer is formally submitted, and unless United soften their position, the prospect of a transfer appears remote.

Share
Midfielder Editorial Team

Midfielder is written and edited by a single desk. Competition rules, dates and financial figures are checked against primary sources, and every changeable fact is linked. How we work.

OCEAN LUX LTD, registered in England and Wales no. 16013082. Registered office: 27 Old Gloucester St, Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3AX. info@midfielder.co.uk